- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Blueberries are in season, so what better to try and make but blueberry muffins! I made them with a crumble top, but that is optional however i think it’s worth having it.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. You may want to lightly grease your muffin tin so that the crown of the muffin doesn’t stick to the pan (I didn’t though). Place eight muffin liners in the pan.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, egg, oil, milk, and vanilla in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. I stir the baking powder and salt into the flour right on top of the wet ingredients so I don’t have to get out another bowl. Once the baking powder and salt are pretty well distributed in the flour, stir them into the wet ingredients until combined. Don’t overmix. Just stir until it’s no longer lumpy.
- Stir in the sour cream just until well distributed. Fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly distribute the batter in the muffin tin. If you are making 8 high crowned muffins, you will be filling them all the way to the top. If you want to make shorter muffins you could probably fill 12. Sprinkle the tops with the crumble mixture.
- Bake muffins for about 25 minutes. If you’re using frozen berries it will take about 5 minutes longer. Also depending on how many muffins you decided to make, it will also take a shorter time. Just make sure you get them out as soon as a toothpick comes out clean.