Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars2016-01-28
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
This is a recipe for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars. It’s basically a combination of an apple pie with cheesecake. A delicious combination. I made a mistake when i initially made this as i didn’t bother to peel the apples but it’s definitely a must when you make it. The other thing i did was i baked it WITH the caramel already on top, which turned out ok so up to you if you would like to pour it before or after baking. Overall turned out great and a really big hit with everyone.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut together using a fork until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping. Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping.