- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 30m
This is an easy recipe for Japchae, a korean noodle dish. I have made an alternate version of this before you can check out here. The recipe is similar with just slight adjustment to make things quick and easy. You can lower the amount of sesame oil if it feels too oily. Overall a great noodle dish and easy to make.
- 8 ounces dried Korean sweet potato noodles
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, stems trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 ounces baby spinach
Bring a large saucepan of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the noodles, stir to separate them, and boil until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool. Using scissors, cut the noodles into 6- to 8-inch lengths. With the noodles still in the colander, drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil and toss to coat; set aside.
Mix the soy sauce and sugar together in a small bowl until the sugar has dissolved; set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the carrots, onion, measured salt, ground beef and measured pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened and beef no longer red, about 8 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes.
Increase the heat to medium high. Add the spinach and, using tongs, toss to combine. Let cook until slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Add the reserved noodles and soy sauce mixture and toss until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat, add the remaining 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve and Enjoy!